Here's what the students have to say about life at OBI...
First things first, how's the food?
- The food is surprisingly good and there's a decent variety. It is pretty much stuff kids like.
- I especially like that there is a salad bar at every meal.
- They make super amazing meals for special occasions!
What are sports teams with no try-outs like?
- I never would have had a chance to be on the team if there had been try-outs.
- With hard work, our teams are pretty great for a small school.
- Where I come from, football is a big deal, but I've learned to like other sports like soccer and basketball.
What are the options for fine arts and other extra-curricular activities?
- There are almost too many things to choose from. I am not a sports person, so I really enjoy music and learning how to play the guitar.
- People's personalities really come out when they get involved in drama productions. It is hilarious.
- The farm is amazing. We don’t have anything like that where I’m from.
What are your thoughts on academics?
- School is school, but the teachers are cool.
- If you need help, they are there to help.
- Sky's the limit if you want to apply yourself - dual enrollment and AP classes...
- Small class sizes really make a difference.
What are your thoughts on chapel and other activities with a spiritual emphasis?
- At first, it was very different for me to go to chapel every day, but now I look forward to it. Pretty much everyone feels that way, but they don't say it.
- The speakers are very interesting and what they have to say makes a difference.
- My parents never took me to church, so this is a first for me. I like it okay.
- I love Dr. Price!
Anything else you want to share with prospective students?
- The town of Oneida is super small, but the school has a lot to offer if you want to get involved. Teachers and administrators do a lot for the students and take us to really nice places around Kentucky.
- With Dollar General right around the corner, it made a nice improvement.
- I've never met kids from other countries before. It's been a good experience.
- People at OBI are what make it special.